NEW DELHI - In a sharp 11 percent increase in India's defence budget to aid rapid modernisation of the armed forces, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday allocated Rs.164,415.19 crore (Rs.1.64 trillion/$36 billion) for its military in 2011-12.
NEW DELHI - India Monday steeply hiked its defence budget by 11 percent, pegging the 2011-12 allocation at Rs.164,415 crore (nearly $36 billion), to fuel the rapid modernization of the army, navy and the air force.
NEW DELHI - Defence personnel, who have suffered 100 percent disability during the course of their government service, will henceforth get a one-time compensation of Rs.9 lakh on par with paramilitary personnel fighting Maoists.
NEW DELHI - Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Monday said Indias defence budget for 2011-12 had been hiked to Rs.154,415 crore ($34 billion).
KOLLAM - India Sunday join a select band of titamium sponge producers with Defence Minister A.K.
- Indian defence deals worth $42 billion up for grabs
- Indian companies discuss nuclear MoUs with Canada
- US plans to boost defence, economic ties with India
- Mamata offers bait to states for safe train movement
- Boeing wins USAF contract for next-gen midair refueller
- Boeing wins Pentagon’s $35 bn tanker contract
- Modern combat jets by 2020: Antony
- Ashok Leyland, German partner to develop defence systems
- India to train Lesotho police
- US doubts over India’s combat jet partner
- Government assured us we would not be singled out: RIM
- India to issue $11 bn tender for six more submarines
- Army probing howitzer report leak at highest level: Antony
- Production of upgraded indigenous tanks by 2014
- DRDO mosquito repellent launched for commercial use
- Karnataka gets Rs.4.3 bn investments in aerospace sector
- Aerobatic stunts, flying thrills mark AeroIndia finale
- Indian deal hot topic at record breaking AeroIndia
- Technical snag cuts short indigenous chopper’s flight
- ‘Indigenous jet trainer to get initial clearance by July’
- Ratan Tata co-pilots Boeing fighter at air show
- HAL awaits government nod to go public soon
- UAE to hold defence expo
- ‘Decision on $10.4 bn combat jet order likely by September’
- $10.4-billion aircraft contract in next fiscal: Antony
- India to open more sectors for defence offsets commitments
- India invites aerospace majors for partnerships, outsourcing
- Aero India-2011 creates history as largest ever
- Saab plans venture with HAL for weapons suite production
- India’s biggest air show takes off on flying note
- US firms to explore tie-ups with DRDO, HAL
- Aim to establish India in global supply chain: Boeing
- General Dynamics to deliver Hawk trainer support to HAL
- L&T, Cassidian to launch JV on Thursday
- South Asia’s largest aero show takes off Wednesday