WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court won't decide who really owns the initials "SC" when it comes to college sports: the University of Southern California or the University of South Carolina.
WASHINGTON - The recession seems to be socking Americans in the heart as well as the wallet: Marriages have hit an all-time low while pleas for food stamps have reached a record high and the gap between rich and poor has grown to its widest ever.
GREENVILLE, S.C. - USA Cycling CEO Sean Petty says the sport's drug testing methods surpass all other major sports and have been effective at catching cheaters.
CHARLESTON, S.C. - South Carolina lawmakers began wrestling Thursday with providing rail access to a new $525 million port terminal as the state works to regain its competitive position among other East Coast ports.
COLUMBIA, S.C. - A business owned by the family of South Carolina Republican gubernatorial candidate Nikki Haley has been penalized for failing to pay taxes three times since 2003, according to records obtained by The Associated Press.
- Rite Aid adds groceries to South Carolina stores
- Top 25 Preview Capsules
- Cops ask SC's Greene to leave restaurant meeting
- South Carolina to cover obesity surgery next year
- Records: SC gov candidate Haley paid taxes late
- Fed chief sees long road back to economic health
- SCANA 2nd-quarter profit edges lower
- SCANA declares regular dividend of 47.5 cents
- AVX says fiscal 1Q profit more than doubled
- US bank failures in 2010 surpass 100
- SC's unemployment rate improves in June
- Regulators shut banks in Fla, Mich, SC
- Boeing to make 787 interiors in South Carolina
- US Senate hopeful in SC wants an action figure
- Sonoco buys Associated Packaging for $120 million
- Many legislators aim to copy Ariz. immigration law
- A year after public downfall, SC governor thrives
- Club For Growth sides with Scott in SC GOP runoff
- SC unemployment rate drops for 4th straight month
- Financial disclosures for congressional leaders
- AP: Top college coaches prefer metal bats to wood
- Spirit Airlines cancels flights through Tuesday
- Denny's names interim CEO to replace Marchioli
- Western Union cuts executive ranks
- SC jobless rate drops to 11.6 percent in April
- SC House to consider health care cuts; help courts
- South Carolina gets 1st home-ported cruise liner
- Saks records profit in 1st qtr, beats forecasts
- SC Senate beats veto, raises lowest US smoke tax
- Southwest Airlines to fly to South Carolina
- Denny's 1st quarter income up on margins
- FDA investigating E. coli at Ariz. lettuce farm
- E. coli outbreak may be from Arizona lettuce farm
- Lettuce sold in 23 states recalled due to E. Coli
- SC lawmakers raise lowest smoke tax; veto promised