GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel's decision to allow some construction material into the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip is barely making a dent in alleviating a crushing housing shortage in the impoverished Palestinian territory.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's military will ask the legislature to allocate money for possible U.S.
MANILA, Philippines - China and the Southeast Asian nations disputing ownership of the Spratlys islands need to turn their 2002 accord into a legally binding code to prevent clashes and keep the vast region open to commerce, the U.S.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - U.S.
TOKYO - Three Japanese held by China for allegedly entering a restricted military zone arrived back home Friday as tensions over a territorial dispute eased.
- 3 Japanese freed by China as dispute winds down
- 3 Japanese freed, 1 held by China amid dispute
- China seen as isolating self with tough diplomacy
- Former Gaza settlers moving into desert community
- UN "disappointed" at Israeli settlement activity
- Palestinians wait on decision to quit peace talks
- Japan asks China to cover damage to patrol boats
- Israeli building slowdown ends; settlers celebrate
- Washington seeking settlement deal to save talks
- Abbas says settlements block Mideast peace deal
- Israel: Settlers brace for end of building freeze
- Japan rejects China's demand for apology
- Photo essay: Talks put focus on Jewish settlers
- Japan releases Chinese boat captain amid dispute
- Obama meets with Southeast Asian leaders
- Obama, SEast Asian leaders urge free navigation
- China says 4 Japanese filmed military targets
- Traders: China halts rare earth exports to Japan
- Obama pushes China on currency in meeting
- Obama pursues currency spat in meeting with China
- Officials: Palestinians will consider compromise
- China seeks to play down differences with US
- China says US-Chinese ties linked
- Premier wants Israeli troops at Palestinian border
- Blair says West Bank ripe for Holy Land tourism
- Obama, ASEAN to call for peaceful end to sea spats
- World Bank: Palestinians managing reforms well
- Cabinet shuffle gives Japan new foreign minister
- No deal: Mideast round ends amid fresh violence
- Talking Mideast peace as mortar shells, bombs fall
- Japanese PM wins party vote, will stay in power
- Clinton says time is ripe for Mideast deal
- Israel approves materials to upgrade Gaza plant
- Clinton heads to Mideast for uncertain peace talks
- Hamas: Israeli strike in Gaza kills 3 Palestinians