JANUARY Jan. 1 Sixty-six New Year's revelers die and more than 200 are injured in a fire at a Bangkok nightclub.
WASHINGTON - High unemployment. More folks on food stamps.
GUATEMALA CITY - Bus driver Mynor Gonzalez ignored the threats: "200 quetzales a week, or we'll kill you." He knew drivers who didn't pay the roughly $24 "protection" fee had been murdered, but always on other routes.
ORLANDO, Fla. - A man charged with killing a former colleague and wounding five others in a rampage at a Florida engineering firm last month told detectives he had felt helpless about being unable to support his family after losing a job at the company.
ROCHESTER, N.Y. - A nursing supervisor enraged at two co-workers who accused him of sexual harassment drew a life sentence Wednesday for killing a nurse and a bystander during a shooting rampage that left four people dead.
- Ex-lawmaker convicted of rape: Name is copyrighted
- Police kill separatist rebel leader in Papua
- Seattle police killing suspect pleads not guilty
- Hundreds line up as Wash. coffee shop reopens
- Mass. woman, 98, accused of killing roommate, 100
- Navy marks start on 3rd warship memorializing 9/11
- Navy marks start on 2nd warship memorializing 9/11
- NYC police officer kills Times Square panhandler
- Ky. man pleads not guilty in rural doctor shooting
- Patient jailed over clinic shooting of Ky. doctor
- Patient accused of shooting doctor at Ky. clinic
- Doctor shot to death at rural Ky. medical clinic
- Former Mo. House speaker charged with assault
- CAPITAL CULTURE: When folks swarmed People's House
- Fort Hood suspect charged with attempted murder
- Kan. woman, 89, dies after shooting; toll up to 4
- NY teen guilty of hate crime in Ecuadorean's death
- Tiny Maine community seeks answers after killings
- PROMISES, PROMISES: Friday is still WH 'trash day'
- NY man guilty in double killing
- Philippine journalists expect attacks to continue
- Cleveland bodies case hard on nearby sausage shop
- Mumbai commemorates anniversary of attacks
- Diocese in Alaska agrees to $10M abuse settlement
- Police: Ky. census worker staged death as homicide
- Jackson's doctor returns to his Houston clinic
- Officials: NYC cops did right thing in subway stab
- Arrest video has transit police on guard in Calif.
- SF area officer, passenger injured during arrest
- Victim ID'd in fatal NYC subway seat stabbing
- Arrest in 1981 tribal murders revives old mystery
- Va. Military Institute faces sexism accusations
- Warrant: Drug in Jackson case came from Vegas firm
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts From Recent Editorials
- Va. inmate who killed 2 executed by electric chair