Millions of travellers give a thumbs down to eight Indian hotelsBy ANI
Saturday, January 29, 2011
New Delhi, Jan.29 (ANI-Business Wire India): Millions of travellers give a thumbs down to eight Indian hotels, and New Delhi’s Centaur Hotel located near the Indira Gandhi International Airport IGI Airport, has been voted the worst for three consecutive years not only in India, but also in Asia
According to TripAdvisor, the world’s largest and most popular travel site, the other Indian hotels termed as the dirtiest include eight in all, and they are located in New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai Agra and Munnar.
Centaur Hotel (Delhi), Hotel Namaskar (Delhi) and Raj Residency (Chennai) are three hotels that have been featured in the list for two years in a row.
These three hotels along with Hotel Metro Tower (Delhi) have found pride of place in Asia’s Top 10 dirtiest hotels this year.
A disappointed TripAdvisor member said: “I think it would have been better to spend the night at the airport rather than go through the torture at Centaur. I think it’s high time either the management was changed or they shut it down”.
“The collective opinions of millions of real travellers on TripAdvisor can help others save themselves from bug bites, lousy service, dirty sheets and damp rooms. The list is only intended to serve as a strong reminder to hotels that cleanliness is the least that travellers expect from their hotel rooms and surroundings, and when hotels fall short of delivering it, travellers have platforms such as TripAdvisor where they can expose such hotels in front of a global audience”, said Sharat Dhall, Managing Director, TripAdvisor India.
The complete 2011 list of dirtiest hotels in India:
1. Hotel Namaskar, New Delhi: The windows were partially covered with pieces of old newspaper and lots of dirt.82 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel.. Raj Residency, Chennai: All the furniture in the room is either eaten by insects or broken.78 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel.
3. Hotel Metro Tower, New Delhi: Bedsheets full of left behind hairs.97 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel.
4. Centaur Hotel, New Delhi: Park bench might be a better option.95 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel.
5. Hotel Manama, Mumbai: Two long earth-worms were dancing in the shower.67 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel.
6. Shanti Lodge, Agra: The bed was covered in sand and dirt.57 percent of reviewers do not ecommend this hotel.
7. Hotel Unicontinental, Mumbai: Lethal electric cabling hanging from the walls.75 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel.
8. Autumn Trees, Munnar: Rooms are stinky with fungal smell.89 percent of reviewers do not recommend this hotel. (ANI)