2010 United States General Election
MINNEAPOLIS - Passenger service workers at Delta Air Lines Inc.
WASHINGTON - There's no relief from the jobs crisis - for everyday Americans or lawmakers facing the midterm elections.
BRISTOL, R.I. - Independent candidate for governor Lincoln Chafee defended his plan to impose a sales tax on groceries, medications and other exempt items during a debate Wednesday in which his Democratic rival pointed to his own cost-cutting record as proof that he's the best qualified to deal with Rhode Island's financial problems.
MONROE, N.Y. - They're worried about putting food on the table and paying the bills.
WASHINGTON - The Senate will consider a food safety bill after the November elections that would give the Food and Drug Administration more power to prevent foodborne illness.
- Senate bill to tax firms that export jobs fails
- Obama returning U. of Wis. to court young voters
- White House, Dems see tax cut vote after election
- AP-GfK Poll: GOP more fired up as elections near
- A wary O'Donnell tries to repeat her magic in Del.
- AP Interview: Clinton says Dems can keep majority
- Fed moves closer to new action to help economy
- APNewsBreak: Mass. AG candidate skirts finance law
- Fed signals it will take further steps if needed
- Judge backs Minn. disclosure law on political cash
- Obama lectures GOP on campaign finance bill stall
- Obama urges action on campaign finance bill
- AP-GfK Poll: Deep divisions over tax hikes
- AP-GfK Poll: Nearly half oppose tax hikes for rich
- AP-GfK Poll: Climate for GOP keeps getting better
- Tea party favorite O'Donnell wins in Delaware
- Some Dems wary of leaving out rich from tax cuts
- Paul says GOP shares blame for deficits
- Congress to tread carefully in run-up to election
- Obama: Voter anger could hurt Dems in elections
- Obama's blunt take: Poor economy hurts Democrats
- Obama concedes poor economy threatens Democrats
- Clinton: Dems battling anger, apathy and amnesia
- Obama to pitch trio of economic proposals in Ohio
- Official: Obama to back more business tax breaks
- No recession here: Election spending sets records
- House Democratic campaign arm goes negative
- As GOP civil war rages, Democrats look to benefit
- Alaska GOP Sen. Murkowski in jeopardy
- AP Poll: Obama at new low for handling economy
- Obama says recession recovery to take few years
- Many voters, many views of crux of election
- Federal deficit running below last year's record
- Clinton stumps for Pa. Dem in close Senate race
- Another incumbent down as Michigan Rep. loses