AIZAWL/AGARTALA - A central government team, sponsored by the union panchayati raj ministry, is touring the northeastern states to gather public opinion on devolution of governance to the grass roots level, an official said Friday.
AIZAWL - Many NGOs from the northeastern states have strongly opposed the central government's decision to do away with the Protected Area Permit (PAP), a mandatory official authorisation for foreigners to visit the region.
AIZAWL - The Mizoram government has launched an ambitious Rs.2,873 crore new land use policy to solve food scarcity by moving away from shifting cultivation to permanent farming.
AIZAWL - The state-owned North Eastern Electric Power Corp (NEEPCO) would soon restart work at Mizoram's Tuirial hydroelectric project that was suspended June 2004 due to law and order problems, an official said here Monday.
AGARTALA/AIZAWL - Tripura and Mizoram are facing a food crisis as the Food Corporation of India (FCI) has not supplied the allocated quota of food grain to the two states, officials said Thursday.
- Mizoram asked to seek private partners in power, health
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication branch in Mizoram
- President calls for intensive research on bamboo flowering
- Relaxation for Mizos joining central paramilitary forces
- Sample survey next week ahead of 2011 economic census
- Action needed against illegal non-banking firms: RBI
- Northeast census operations going on smoothly
- Manipur seeks Mizoram’s help to carry goods
- Three new power projects in Mizoram
- Tax-free, deficit Mizoram budget to boost agriculture
- Choppers to give boost to Mizoram tourism, governance
- Illegal banks a law and order problem in northeast: RBI
- RBI organises outreach programmes in northeast villages
- RBI asks nationalised banks to reach far-flung areas
- Mizoram government employees to get pay hike