BARCELONA - Twitter has said it had become profitable, disclosing that its live messaging service is carrying 130 million daily tweets, or short messages, from its members.
MADRID - A general strike against Spain's austerity measures saw tens of thousands of people take to the streets on Wednesday in protests that canceled flights, halted produce shipments and caused clashes between police and the public.
BRUSSELS - Tens of thousands of workers marched Wednesday through the streets of Europe, decrying the loss of jobs and benefits they fear will come with stinging austerity measures seeking to contain government debt.
MADRID - Airlines canceled flights and picketers hurled eggs at buses and blocked trucks from delivering produce to wholesale markets as Spanish workers staged a general strike Wednesday to protest austerity measures imposed by a government struggling to slash its budget deficit and overcome recession.
BRUSSELS - Labor unions hope to organize a march of 100,000 workers on European Union institutions in Brussels on Wednesday, as well as a general strike in Spain to protest the budget-slashing plans and austerity measures of governments seeking to control debt.
- Spiriva as good as Serevent in asthma study
- NBA to play 2 regular-season games in London
- World Cup win for Spain adds to sports status
- Fiesta: Winning World Cup team boosts Spain unity
- World Cup winners arrive home in Spain for fiesta
- 12 killed as train hits beachgoers in Spain
- 5 Moroccan airports closed because of ash
- Volcanic ash closes 7 Spanish airports
- Former IOC president Samaranch laid to rest
- Rogge pledges to preserve Samaranch's IOC legacy
- Ex-Olympics head Juan Antonio Samaranch dies at 89
- Airlines lose $1.7 BN from 100,000 canceled trips
- Former IOC president Samaranch dies at 89
- Airlines lose $1.7 billion, Germany opens airspace
- Oil prices follow stock market higher
- Save Havana’s architecture: Experts