DHAKA - Bangladesh has signed here a "primary deal" with Russia for installing a 2,000 MW nuclear power plant, which would be its first.
DHAKA - Energy-starved Bangladesh has offered a package of ten wells to Russian enterprise Gazprom after a Polish company withdrew from five wells earlier this month.
DHAKA - Bangladesh has registered a 40 percent hike in its apparel exports in the last six months, with increased exports to India and new markets wrested from global leader China.
DHAKA - Bangladesh will get about 3,500 tonnes of the tosha variety of jute seeds from India to augment its production and may import more to meet the rising demand of jute products.
DHAKA - Eminent people from across the world have formed Friends of Grameen, vowing to protect the micro-credit pioneer and Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus from politically orchestrated attacks.
- Dhaka asks Grameen Bank chief to step down, Yunus refuses
- Bangladesh’s capital market like a casino: Expert
- Grameen Bank challenges government ownership claim
- No fish will be left to catch, expert warns Bangladesh
- Bangladesh to get $63 mn loan from Kuwait
- Bangladesh hopes for $400 mn Indian investment
- Bangladesh to probe stock market crash
- Bangladesh, India open border land ports to boost trade
- Bangladesh’s bourses close again after crash
- Bangladesh plans waterway transit for Bhutan
- Bangladesh signs LNG import deal with Qatar
- Bangladesh launches probe into Grameen Bank
- Bangladesh stock markets recover a day after record fall
- Bangladesh to claim 400 nautical miles in Bay of Bengal
- Bhutan to sign deal to access Bangladesh’s Mongla port
- ‘Dhaka getting closer to Delhi, Beijing’
- Bangladesh’s manpower export drops by 21 percent
- Dhaka looks to Moscow for oil, gas exploration
- Bangladesh to probe Grameen ‘irregularities’
- Bangladesh, India to set up border bazaars
- Airtel launches GPS to help track Bangladeshi fishing boats
- ‘Positive Sino-Indian ties good for Bangladesh’
- Bangladesh workers resume production as Hasina gets tough
- Norway clean chit to Grameen Bank on funds transfer
- Bangladesh to probe charges against Grameen Bank founder
- ‘Grameen’ Yunus refutes $100 mn anomalies charge
- Pact allows Indian equipment to move through Bangladesh
- Big Japanese aid for Bangladesh bridge
- Dhaka to introduce railcars using Indian credit
- Transit to Indian goods through Bangladesh won’t be free
- Dhaka could reap $2.3 bn from transit facilities to India, others
- Volatile supply from India may hit Bangladesh potato price
- Bangladesh wants ‘quota’ in Indian cotton export
- Bangladesh has a population of 164.4 million: UN
- Bangladesh to pay more for China loan than for Indian loan