WASHINGTON - The Senate will consider a food safety bill after the November elections that would give the Food and Drug Administration more power to prevent foodborne illness.
The recall of infant formula by Abbott Laboratories covers many products and many countries.
Worried parents have bombarded the maker of Similac with phone calls and peppered Facebook and Twitter pages over fears about insects in the top-selling baby formula after millions of cans were recalled.
WASHINGTON - Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn has blocked consideration of a food safety bill that would give the Food and Drug Administration more power to prevent foodborne illness.
WASHINGTON - The heads of two Iowa egg farms linked to as many as 1,600 salmonella illnesses this summer gave Congress few answers in testimony about the conditions at their farms Wednesday, as one executive would not testify and the other did not answer many of the lawmakers' questions.
- Egg company chiefs give Congress few answers
- Product recalls: Star noodles, maple nut ice cream
- Owner of Iowa egg farm won't testify at hearing
- Abbott recalls infant formula on bug contamination
- Lawmaker: A 'disturbing picture' of egg production
- Egg company to apologize for outbreak
- Iowa farm owner invited to testify in recall probe
- Lawsuit seeks class-action in egg recall case
- China vows harsh penalties for food safety crimes
- GOP senator says he will hold up food safety bill
- Chuck E. Cheese recalls rings and toy eyeglasses
- Investigators say egg company knew of salmonella
- Grassley seeks answers to USDA's role at egg farms
- Product Recalls: egg noodles, eggs, dog treats
- Product Recalls: egg noodles, shell eggs
- Ground beef outbreak puts focus on meat oversight
- Former egg farm workers say complaints ignored
- Can home cooking be hazardous to your health?
- Federal agents descend on egg farms for 2nd time
- Product Recalls: Mixed nuts, raw milk cheese
- NY legislators want chickens vaccinated
- Product recalls: cheese products, shell eggs
- Admin. official: FDA to inspect large egg farms
- Iowa approved egg farm tied to 'habitual violator'
- Iowa to review feed mill at center of egg recall
- Salmonella find links 2 Iowa farms to egg recall
- Summary Box: Eggs stay on menus
- Salmonella find links 2 Iowa egg farms to recall
- Salmonella found on 2 Iowa egg farms
- Congress calls egg company owners to testify
- Restaurants scramble after massive egg recall
- Egg prices up since recall
- Eggs from Iowa farms could come to table near you
- Eggs in the raw? Experts say give them a pass
- Egg recall has some changing buying, eating habits