ALAMEDA, Calif. - George Blanda, who played longer than anyone in pro football history and racked up the most points in a career that spanned four decades, mostly with the Chicago Bears and Oakland Raiders, died Monday.
OSLO, Norway - Abdul Ruzibiza, a former captain of a Tutsi rebel group and key witness in a French judge's investigation into a 1994 attack that triggered the Rwandan genocide, has died, Norwegian police said Friday.
NEW YORK - Thomas Guinzburg, who helped found the Paris Review, the celebrated literary journal, and later ran the publisher Viking Press, died Wednesday in New York at the age of 84.
NEW YORK - For most of his four decades as a reporter, Jules Edward Loh traveled the United States, reaching every state and using his honeyed Georgia accent to charm his way into the hearts, minds and lives of Americans, famous and obscure.
NEW YORK - Jules Edward Loh, an Associated Press reporter who covered the civil rights movement, the space program and other momentous stories before carving out a second career roaming the United States in search of the offbeat and the extraordinary, has died.
- William Saxbe, attorney general under Nixon, dies
- Homebuilder, entrepreneur Shea dies in Calif
- NY DA who prosecuted Long Island Lolita dies at 76
- Publisher-agent who championed Stephen King dies
- David Wolper, producer of 'Roots,' dies at 82
- David Wolper, producer of 'Roots,' has died
- Former Ill. Rep. Dan Rostenkowski dies at 82
- Simmons, energy investment banker, dies in Maine
- Ex-Sunset magazine publisher Bill Lane dead at 90
- Cheez Doodles creator Morrie Yohai dies at 90
- Renowned aid worker Jacques Montouroy dies
- Theo Albrecht, Aldi co-founder, dies at 88
- Editor-anthologist Les Pockell dies at 68
- Medal of Honor hero Vernon Baker dies at age 90
- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner dead at 80
- Yankees owner George Steinbrenner dies at 80
- Robert Butler, who coined 'ageism,' dies at 83
- Ex-Red Wings, Blackhawks tough guy Probert dies
- Film producer Elliott Kastner dies of cancer
- Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia dead at 92
- West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd dead at 92
- Lithuania's former president Brazauskas dies at 77
- Real estate magnate Walter Shorenstein dies
- 2nd person suspected of shellfish poisoning dies
- Publisher tells paper novelist Saramago has died
- Powerful Austrian publisher dies
- Retired GM president McDonald dies at 87
- Robert Radnitz, family movie producer, dies at 85
- Rue McClanahan, 'Golden Girl' Blanche, dies
- 'Golden Girl' Rue McClanahan dies
- Former CBS CEO Michael H. Jordan dies at 73
- Jose Lima, former major league pitcher, dies at 37
- Former Deseret News publisher dies at 77
- Bazooka co-inventor, aviation exec Edward Uhl dies
- US music compilation album guru Bob Mercer dies