OLYMPIA, Wash. - Washington state consumers started paying more for soda, candy and gum this year amid a nationwide push to impose higher taxes on sugary foods.
OLYMPIA, Wash. - The state that produced America's richest man has never taken a cut of its residents' income.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's $800 billion-plus economic stimulus law may not be earning good grades with the public, but the White House claims it's on track to produce the promised 3.5 million jobs.
OMAHA, Neb. - A September survey of supply managers in nine Midwest and Plains states suggests improving economic conditions, according to a report released Friday.
NEW YORK - The holiday hiring picture looks a bit merrier this year.
- POLITICAL INSIDER: Filibuster the top priority
- Husband possibly saw letter on Whitman maid glitch
- Lawyer says Whitman's husband saw ex-maid letter
- Women a key on Nov. 2; Dems' gender edge closing?
- Whitman fires back about illegal immigrant maid
- Calif. governor, lawmakers cancel budget meeting
- AP Poll: Many think health overhaul should do more
- AP Poll: Repeal? Many wish health law went further
- AP-GfK Poll: GOP more fired up as elections near
- NY gov GOPer: Cuomo lied about NYC mayor vote
- New strikes in France over retirement age
- Coats: Try repeal, then 'move on'
- France slammed by new strikes over retirement age
- Dems try to tap voter anger over job loss overseas
- AP-GfK Poll: Deep divisions over tax hikes
- AP-GfK Poll: Nearly half oppose tax hikes for rich
- AP-GfK Poll: Nearly half oppose tax cuts for rich
- AP-GfK Poll: Climate for GOP keeps getting better
- Dems gamble by shifting fire from Bush to Boehner
- Japanese PM wins party vote, will stay in power
- Japan leadership battle Tuesday could bring new PM
- Survey: Workers remain nervous about employment
- AP-GfK Poll: Most attuned voters tilt toward GOP
- Survey finds support for Fed but split on spending
- Analysis: Will battle for Kandahar win the war?
- Chavez's popularity down in Venezuela, polls finds
- Holiday over for French President Sarkozy
- Australia votes on whether first woman PM survives
- Poll: Scandal dents confidence in Israeli military
- Overhaul fails to boost 'health care confidence'
- AP Poll: Obama at new low for handling economy
- Poll: Hispanic immigrants hopeful about life in US
- Hispanic immigrants pin high hopes on life in US
- AP-GfK polls show Obama losing independents
- AP-GfK Poll: Independent voters sour on Democrats