SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco lawmakers have given preliminary approval to a law that would prohibit fast-food restaurants from putting toys in children's meals unless they include fruits and vegetables and don't have too many unhealthy calories.
COALINGA, Calif. - Right there on a desolate strip of Interstate 5 between Los Angeles and San Francisco, the Harris Ranch Restaurant offers a stop in Central California that feeds hungry travelers from its own surrounding farmland.
POCANTICO HILLS, N.Y. - First lady Michelle Obama gave her healthy eating initiative a global showcase Friday when she hosted spouses of world leaders at a farm north of New York City, treating them to a seasonal lunch featuring bounty from the farm and the White House garden.
CAMERON, Mo. - A portion of a northwest Missouri highway has reopened after being closed several hours because of a fertilizer spill.
LAS VEGAS - Owners of the Hard Rock Cafe restaurant chain are suing owners of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas over its name, saying the casino's party image has damaged the moniker enough to justify ending a 14-year-old licensing agreement.
- Legendary Seoul restaurant makes way for hotel
- Tavern on the Green is back _ with vendor food
- Cold drinks, hot summer fuel McDonald's sales rise
- On Martha's Vineyard, Obamas savor local produce
- Restaurants scramble after massive egg recall
- Chefs Folse, Tramonto team up in New Orleans
- Egg recall has some changing buying, eating habits
- NYC airport trades fast food for sit-down service
- Travel industry courting 'Eat, Pray, Love' fans
- Locally grown fruits latest trend in spa treatment
- Crowd on VIP alert at site of Clinton's NY wedding
- Clintons emerge in NY on eve of Chelsea's wedding
- Bill Clinton emerges on Chelsea's NY wedding eve
- Brooklyn's DUMBO: History, chocolate and bridges
- NYC restaurants get ready to learn their ABC's
- Restaurants uncork more wines by the glass
- China vows to stop restaurant reuse of cooking oil
- CAPITAL CULTURE: Town abuzz over Clinton wedding
- GOP candidate for Minn. governor: Don't tax tips
- Burger chains look to continue recent rapid growth
- Kobe beef farmers worry about cow illness outbreak
- Panera Co. to open more pay-what-you-wish eateries
- Starbucks shop tries wine, 'coffee theater'
- Some small businesses accommodate World Cup fever
- Group will sue McDonald's over Happy Meal toys
- Subway in the sky atop NY ground zero construction
- Enraged to engaged: Tea party backers explain why
- 17th century inn up for sale in Philly suburbs
- Disney to close 5 ESPN Zone restaurants
- Restored Theme Building marks LAX's turnaround
- Yelp to allow restaurant reservations through site
- Bistro in Aisle 9: Supermarkets mimic restaurants
- Report: Trans fat limits lead to healthier foods
- Web portal Warrior Gateway helps digital-age vets
- Ky. Senate candidate questions Civil Rights Act