CHENNAI - Even as 60 more countries in the world have shown interest to embrace nuclear power to meet their energy needs, only one third of these may generate atomic power, says an official of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
TOKYO - Tokyo stocks gained in mid-morning trading Tuesday as gains on Wall Street boosted investor sentiment, but the yen's strength weighed on the market.
MUMBAI - A benchmark index of Indian equities Tuesday was ruling flat in morning trade, having slipped from its opening highs.
WASHINGTON - Financial shares boosted the major US market indices Monday, leading the S&P 500 to a five-month high.
(Amount in Rupees crore, Rate in per cent) MONEY MARKETS @ Volume Wtd.Avg.Rate Range (One Leg) A.
- Microsoft’s Chief Software Architect Ozzie Ray Resigns
- CFA Warns Consumers against Online Payday Loan Sites Scams
- Apple reports record earnings, revenue
- IBM reports 12-percent profit boost
- Malaysia, UAE vow to strengthen ties
- Communist Party of China sets agenda for five years (Roundup)
- Patil to give away Jamnalal Bajaj awards
- India, Sudan ratify investment promotion agreement
- Essar Oil Q2 net profit Rs.1.3 billion
- India, US to ink aviation safety pact
- Coal India IPO subscribed 34 percent, employee quota may go abegging
- Government of India announce the sale of three dated securities for Rs. 11,000 crore on October 22, 2010
- Environment panel submits separate reports on POSCO
- Employees quota in Coal India IPO will remain unsubscribed
- Over 4.5 mn tonne paddy procured in Punjab
- Sensex rebounds to close with modest gains (Roundup)
- Kolkata civic body, port trust jointly cleaning up Ganga
- Survey shows upward trend in job growth
- Northeast sees rise in tourist inflows
- No plan to merge rail and union budget: Finance Ministry
- HDFC Q2 profit jumps 22 percent to Rs.807.54 crore
- Late surge helps Sensex close 84 points higher (Second Lead)
- SBI Bonds Set To Raise Capital
- Goa tourism to explore new market in Southeast Asia
- Curbs on cell phones’ use in aircraft relaxed
- Money Market Operations as on October 16, 2010
- Steel Strips Wheels bags export order worth Rs.15 lakh
- Coal India IPO Opens Today
- Reliance Money launches new gold coins with India Post logo
- Second phase of census to begin in February
- Festivities over, Nepal stares at crises
- Obama visit may unshackle high-tech exports to India
- Terminal 3 to welcome domestic flights from Oct 30
- Scrap fuel price deregulation, demands CPI-M
- Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results