SEATTLE - A deadly explosion in April at Tesoro Corp.'s oil refinery in Anacortes could have been prevented if the company had tested its equipment properly and followed other safety regulations, the Washington Department of Labor and Industries said Monday.
NEW ORLEANS - They were both pivotal figures following the worst offshore oil spill in U.S.
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. - Two planes made by Canadian manufacturer Bombardier have had to make emergency landings in less than a week because of a landing gear problem.
JANUARY Jan. 1 Sixty-six New Year's revelers die and more than 200 are injured in a fire at a Bangkok nightclub.
NEW YORK - Millions of East Coast commuters returned to work Monday over slick roads and icy sidewalks and after a weekend winter storm dropped record snowfall and interrupted holiday shopping and travel.
- Storm-walloped East Coast returns to work _ slowly
- Storm reaches southern New England
- Blizzard-like storm slams East, region snowed in
- Snow storm slams East Coast, knocks out power
- Jury awards BP workers $100 million in lawsuit
- Some schools are dropping driver's ed to cut costs
- Natural gas plant fire in Alaska destroys building
- Police: Fire truck that crashed had wrong parts
- Train kills Ohio student, injures 2nd near school
- Renault says it will stay in Formula 1
- 2 lawsuits challenge Alaska offshore drilling
- Second lawsuit challenges Alaska offshore drilling
- In a wired world, news good and bad touched all
- Alaska groups sue to stop offshore drilling
- Falling-TV deaths remain concern even amid LCD fad
- Ramifications for Woods and his sport unfolding
- Chicago commuter train derails; no major injuries
- Southern California commuter rail CEO steps down
- Navy marks start on 3rd warship memorializing 9/11
- Sonoma winery pays $3M to settle teen DUI case
- Navy marks start on 2nd warship memorializing 9/11
- 19 Turkish miners dead in mine collapse
- 19 Turkish miners dead after methane explosion
- Train derails west of Denver, car falls 25 feet
- FAA chief reluctant to raise minimum pilot hours
- Lawsuit filed in Hudson mid-air crash deaths
- Storm closes schools, knocks out power across NY
- Feds urge safety changes at Citgo refinery
- Tank explosion at Houston-area plant injures 2
- Tiger's Swedish in-laws used to media spotlight
- 2 workers injured in blast at Houston-area plant
- NTSB calls for tougher passenger bus scrutiny
- EPA reports decrease in toxic chemical pollution
- Feds ask for power to oversee rail transit safety
- Report: injuries in train accident in Netherlands