BEIJING - A whopping 221 million people travelled by train during China's spring festival, which is also the largest migration of people anywhere in the world.
BEIJING - A 660-kilovolt direct current power transmission system, said to be the world's first, began to supply energy Monday to a province that is located over 1,300 km away.
BEIJING - Wondering how many people does the world's most populous country have? Well, China has a mind-boggling 1.34 billion people, latest official statistics show.
BEIJING - China has set an annual growth target of seven percent to ensure sustainable development during its 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015), Prime Minister Wen Jiabao said.
BEIJING - Buying a home in China is now becoming a costly affair for people, as prices of houses are rising with each passing year in many Chinese cities.
- Britain may go in for China’s high-speed bullet trains
- Beijing limits house purchasing for market control
- China is now world’s second-largest economy
- China to build airport in desert
- China to sell bullet train technology
- China’s government insurance firms commit $455 mn fraud
- Two Chinese cities to tax second-home
- Luxury dinner could make even the richest think twice before ordering
- Car licence lottery held in traffic choked Beijing
- China’s GDP will fall to 9.8 percent in 2011: Think tank
- China’s economy grows 10.3 percent in 2010
- China outdoes World Bank in lending to developing world
- Huge source of oil, gas found in South China Sea
- China to raise bank reserve ratio again
- Tibet expects 15 mn tourists by 2015
- New rules for overseas Chinese contractors
- Bullet train rides in China pinch travellers
- Beijing prepares to build its second airport
- China builds museum on industry before 1940s
- Nanny shortage hits Chinese cities
- China’s 380 km/h rail link to open in June
- Japan to issue multiple-entry visas to Chinese
- China plans wider monetary policy reform
- Chinese media to get funds to expand overseas
- China to go into 4G telecom technology by 2015
- 40,000 Chinese apply for car licence plates on New Year
- China-Russia oil pipeline begins operation
- 2,000 vehicles caught in China traffic jam
- China to set up rare earths trade body
- China home to 383,000 super rich in 2010
- Chinese farmers prosper using internet
- Chinese premier confident of taming inflation
- China raises interest rates again
- Christmas toy makers in China in dire straits
- Christmas Village greets tourists at China’s north pole