PANAJI - The union budget presented by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee has come as a shock for the two industries which are considered the mainstay of the Goa's economy - mining and tourism.
PANAJI - A total of 36 foreigners, including 13 Nigerians, were arrested in Goa last year for illegally overstaying in India, the state's Home Minister Ravi Naik said Wednesday.
PANAJI - The livelihood of nearly a third of Goa's population of 13 lakh is linked to the tourism industry, the state's Tourism Minister Nilkanth Halarnkar said Tuesday.
PANAJI - In a sudden order issued late Monday, the Goa government ordered the closure of two offshore casinos here, including MV Casino Royale - the biggest in the state.
PANAJI - After dilly-dallying for nearly a year, the Goa government Friday scrapped a controversial agreement signed with a Delhi-based firm for providing high security number plate (HSNP) for motor vehicles in Goa.
- Goa should look beyond beaches for tourism: Governor
- Goa trade forum seeks action against drugs trade, prostitution
- Goa sets up Rs.50 crore corpus for PPP projects
- Stringent visa norms hurting Goa’s tourism prospects
- US-based stakeholders study Goa’s tourism potential
- President urged to stop liquor sales on government premises
- Steep airfares maim Goa parties
- New visa norms are the scourge of Goa tourism, says Official
- Sun shines on Goa tourism even as Europe freezes over
- Goa tourism hopes for Japanese boost
- Mad rush for investment homes ruining Goa, say activists
- Goa lifeguards’ strike upsets tourism industry
- Goan handicrafts target international markets
- Goa offers market rate, annuity for land acquired
- Goa activists want highway consultant penalised
- Goa’s SEZ policies creating ‘monsters’:Industry body
- ‘Filthy, expensive Goa no longer attracts German tourists’
- Ban sale of agricultural land to non-Goans: Congress
- Goa urges Krishna to hasten tourist visa processing
- Navy cuts sorties to allow civilian traffic at Goa airport
- Three flights diverted from Goa due to runway repairs
- Not just match, Goa rains queer pitch for mining too
- Goa’s staple ‘Fish curry-rice’ under threat
- Goa tourism to explore new market in Southeast Asia
- Goa fighting shy of promoting casinos, says Official
- Loan-against-gold market in India Rs.79,000 crore, growing
- Konkan Railway to electrify Maharashtra-Karnataka sector
- Goa train ticket checkers strike work for two hours
- Goa’s tourist security force stuck in a rut
- Rajasthan, Goa sign MoU to jointly promote tourism
- ‘Maximum tourists from Britain to visit Goa this year’
- Goa now targets tourists from Iran, Turkey
- ‘Relief for PIOs, to be allotted extendable visas only’
- Goa tar balls created ripples in Moscow too
- Sustainable townships idea yet to impress private sector: experts