TOLEDO, Ohio - Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland and Republican challenger John Kasich turned up the heat Thursday in the final debate of their tightening race, sparring most vigorously on taxes and the road out of the economic crisis.
BRISTOL, R.I. - Independent candidate for governor Lincoln Chafee defended his plan to impose a sales tax on groceries, medications and other exempt items during a debate Wednesday in which his Democratic rival pointed to his own cost-cutting record as proof that he's the best qualified to deal with Rhode Island's financial problems.
WASHINGTON - Republican Senate hopeful Christine O'Donnell says her first priority if elected would be to help the GOP block Democrats' priorities in a lame-duck session.
ALBANY, N.Y. - The Republican candidate for New York governor on Thursday accused his Democratic opponent, Andrew Cuomo, of lying after Cuomo retracted his claim that he had voted for New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - His campaign fliers declare him "A Soldier's Congressman." His TV ads feature testimonials from the mother of a Marine.
- Snyder, Bernero address Grand Rapids forum
- Pa. Senate race gets rough, fought through ads
- Democrat Brown releases 1st ads attacking Whitman
- Jerry Brown apologizes to Clinton over comment
- POLITICAL INSIDER: John Bolton weighs a WH run
- Chicago mayor race wide open as Daley steps aside
- NRA declines to endorse Reid in Nevada Senate race
- Ga. GOP picks Deal as nominee for governor
- Winners: Wrestling's McMahon, Colorado's Bennet
- Congressman survives race-focused TN primary
- Schilling's business, bluster bleed into politics
- Chamber backs tea-party-favorite Rubio in Florida
- Walmart becomes issue in Ill. governor's race
- Club For Growth sides with Scott in SC GOP runoff
- Enraged to engaged: Tea party backers explain why
- Wisconsin's Democrats have got the blues
- Dems' finance report shows lagging donations
- Ford worker in long-shot bid for UAW presidency
- Colombia runoff: ex-defense minister vs. Mockus
- Fla. AFL-CIO backs Democrat in US Senate race
- Sestak, Specter in Senate primary homestretch
- Some Palin Facebook fans unhappy with endorsement
- US envoy returns to lead Israeli-Palestinian talks
- Paul, once the outsider, gains GOP support in Ky.
- Austrian far-right icon eyes presidency
- Vulnerable Ark. Dem faces Senate primary challenge
- Obama endorses deficit task force
- Voters flock to polls for Massachusetts election
- Kansas gov boosts smoking ban but hurdles remain
- ND GOP Gov Hoeven begins run for US Senate
- Forbes, Shadegg endorse Ariz. health care proposal
- Ex-Minn. senator seeks revival in governor's race
- Fong suspends campaign for Iowa governor