PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor Frank Caprio on Friday criticized his independent rival Lincoln Chafee over Chafee's acknowledgment that his old Senate campaign committee of $18,400 in back taxes and fees due to a misunderstanding of tax regulations by his campaign treasurers.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Independent Rhode Island gubernatorial Lincoln Chafee's old Senate campaign committee failed to pay federal and state taxes for five years and owes an estimated $18,400 in taxes and penalties, a campaign aide told The Associated Press on Thursday.
BRISTOL, R.I. - Independent candidate for governor Lincoln Chafee defended his plan to impose a sales tax on groceries, medications and other exempt items during a debate Wednesday in which his Democratic rival pointed to his own cost-cutting record as proof that he's the best qualified to deal with Rhode Island's financial problems.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Monday that the economy could be helped by another round of asset purchases by the central bank.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The economy could be hurt if Congress and the White House fail to come up with a plan to curb the nation's huge budget deficits in the coming years, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke warned Monday.
- Fed boss: Budget deficits could hurt economy
- Fed's Bernanke speaks to college students in RI
- Jobless RI residents gather for summit
- Casino market in New England not saturated _ yet
- KVH Industries completes $6.5M Virtek buyout
- States cutting benefits for public-sector retirees
- Gay candidates for Congress draw interest, hope
- Dem attacks Chafee's tax plan in new RI gov TV ad
- RI-Schilling deal expected to close in mid-Sept.
- Product recalls: bottle warmers, cheese
- Chafee denied bid to protest RI offer to Schilling
- RI energy commission OK's wind farm agreement
- Kerry says he mishandled furor over yacht taxes
- Schilling's business, bluster bleed into politics
- Sen. Kerry to pay Mass. tax on yacht docked in RI
- APNewsBreak: Kerry to pay Mass. tax on yacht
- Mass. Sen. Kerry docks yacht in RI, saving $500K
- Proposal to ban lobstering from Mass. to NC killed
- Lead paint cos. appeal RI decision on lawsuit cost
- Hasbro 2Q net income beats expectations
- Hasbro cuts spending, 2Q profit rises 11 percent
- Security breach at RI airport causes delays
- RI tries to lure Schilling game company from Mass.
- Hasbro says it isn't in talks to go private
- Carcieri has 'major concerns' about RI casino bill
- CVS Caremark board OKs $2B share repurchase deal
- CVS Caremark to cut off Walgreen from network
- Gothic art collection back at popular RI mansion
- RI judge: Lead paint firms must cover own costs
- Electric Boat to hire 450 at RI facility
- KVH gets $2m order for military navigation systems
- CVS Caremark taps Merlo as CEO starting in 2011
- CVS Caremark announces 2011 CEO retirement plan
- Gulf of Mexico oil spill interrupting freight movement in Europe, Baltic region
- CVS Caremark 1Q profit grows 4.5 percent