NEW YORK - US stocks surged Thursday, following the lead of global markets as investors digested a series of central bank moves to boost sagging economies.
MUMBAI - A Delta Airways Amsterdam-Mumbai flight made an emergency landing at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) here Thursday following a call warning of some unidentified object on board, an official said.
WASHINGTON - Singapore is the best country to do business, according to the World Bank's latest ranking released Thursday.
VIENNA - The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) said Thursday oil prices would not rise above $85 until 2020, significantly lowering its forecast amid uncertainties about the global economic recovery.
CHANDIGARH - In a pre-Diwali bonanza for mayors, councillors and other senior functionaries of municipal bodies in Punjab the honorarium paid to them has been almost doubled, a minister announced Thursday.
- Delhi mulls congestion tax
- Toyota recalls 12,000 vehicles in Britain
- Nizam’s palace turned Taj Hotel opens
- CPI-M demands Raja’s head over spectrum scam
- India behind Pakistan on human development indices: UN report
- Jet flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai
- Sonia ahead of Manmohan in Forbes list, Hu bests Obama (Night Lead)
- EU bans seafood from Pakistan
- Indian IT companies provide solution, not a problem: Pilot
- Corporation Bank hikes base rate by 50 basis points
- Results of OMO purchase auction held on Nov 04, 2010 – Settlement on November 08, 2010
- Second Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results
- Outsourcing has created US jobs: India’s message to Obama
- India Inc looks forward to Obama visit
- India, US to sign pact on weather, crop forecasting
- Sensex rises 427 points, highest since Jan 2008 (Roundup)
- Four State Governments announce Auction of State Development Loans 2020 for Rs.3200.000 crore on November 9, 2010
- 182-day Treasury Bills auction : Rs.2,000 crore under regular auction
- 91-day Treasury Bills auction : Rs.4,000 crore under regular auction
- Customer-satisfaction surveys ‘can harm your business’
- Air India passengers stranded yet again, protest
- BSNL 3G services to be in 760 cities by December (Lead, Superseding earlier story)
- Foreign Exchange Turnover Data
- Dhanteras car bookings: Many left disappointed in Patna
- Certificate of Registration - Cancelled
- Coal India jumps 40 percent to Rs.342.35 on debut
- India gifts 25 buses to Liberia
- Lalu bombs, Nitish bombs… It’s Diwali in Bihar!
- Sensex rises 448 points, highest since Jan 2008 (Second Lead)
- Government Stock - Auction Results
- Millions lie to take leave from work
- Direct tax revenue up 18 percent to Rs.2,04,351 crore
- India will be asked to open up during Obama visit: CPI-M
- BSNL to expand 3G services to 120 more cities by December
- Coal India surges 39 percent on debut
- Record Dhanteras shopping notched up in Raipur
- Sensex trading 377 points higher
- Orchid Pharma to invest Rs.200 crore in niche segment
- Markets to open for special ‘Muhurat’ trading on Diwali
- Liquidity Adjustment Facility : Auction Results
- RBI Reference Rate for US $ and Euro
- Another Himachal dam project caught in logjam
- Facebook unveils `social commerce’ strategy