CHENNAI - AIADMK general secretary J. Jayalalithaa Monday said Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK president M. Karunanidhi is showing his scorn for democracy by not recalling Telecom Minister A. Raja over the 2G spectrum scam.
NEW DELHI - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday sought to strengthen economic partnerships with hydrocarbon producing countries, saying the demand for this source of energy would increase by over 40 percent in the next 10 years.
MUMBAI - A benchmark index of Indian equities Monday built on its morning gains and was ruling 336 points higher in afternoon trade. Positive cues from Asian markets helped boost sentiments.
The Reserve Bank of India’s Reference Rate for the US dollar is ` 44.42 and the Reference Rate for Euro is ` 62.16 on November 1, 2010. The corresponding rates for the previous day (October 29, 2010) were ` 44.54 and ` 61.81 respectively. Based on the Reference Rate for US dollar and middle rates of the cross currency quotes at 12 noon, the exchange rates of GBP and Japanese Yen against the Rupee are :
The results of the RBI Repo/Reverse Repo auctions held on November 1, 2010 are:
- RBI may raise rates to curb inflation: Mukherjee
- Nissan Recalls 1592 Vehicles in New Zealand
- TVS Motor registers 48 percent volume growth
- Krishna hopes China removes barriers in IT, pharma
- World’s fertilizer giant faces takeover bid, Canada worried
- Rohtang Pass to be operational till Nov 15
- Census begins in China
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services
- Rate hike fears in India’s monetary policy review Tuesday