The Democrats have decidedly voted unanimously in against Republican backed Obama's tax cut extension plans.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration was poised for a victory on one of its top foreign policy goals Thursday as a Senate panel appeared likely to recommend approval of a U.S.-Russia nuclear arms control treaty with a bipartisan majority.
WASHINGTON - Missouri voters' overwhelming opposition to requiring nearly all Americans to buy health insurance puts one of the least popular parts of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law back in the political crosshairs.
DETROIT - Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, the mother of the imprisoned ex-mayor of Detroit, lost her bid for an eighth term with a Democratic primary defeat Tuesday.
BOSTON - Sen. John Kerry said he always intended to pay taxes in Massachusetts on his $7 million yacht but conceded he mishandled the public furor over his decision to dock the vessel in tax-free Rhode Island.
- Schilling's business, bluster bleed into politics
- Sen. Kerry to pay Mass. tax on yacht docked in RI
- APNewsBreak: Kerry to pay Mass. tax on yacht
- Mass. Sen. Kerry docks yacht in RI, saving $500K
- Leading senators voice doubts about Afghan war
- CBO says climate bill would cut deficit by $19B
- Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia dead at 92
- West Virginia Sen. Robert Byrd dead at 92
- Enraged to engaged: Tea party backers explain why
- Boehner added BP stock, others dropped oil company
- Gov't unveils $1b biomedical tax credit
- Gates, Clinton press Senate to ratify nukes treaty
- Iowa group becoming a conservative power
- US-SKorea trade deal a victim of US politics
- In Pa. race, a fight over title of true Democrat
- Dems fear losing four-decade grip on Pa. seat
- Obey retirement gives GOP hopeful opening in Wis.
- Official: Salazar to make wind farm ruling in Mass
- Lieberman encouraged energy bill will be on track
- Obama picks a new messenger for health care law
- Obama taps Stephanie Cutter for health messaging
- US funding of Cuba democracy work draws scrutiny
- Senate, Obama spar over health plan's pet projects
- Senators resist Obama over projects in health bill
- Clinton, Gates say US help abroad improves image
- Obama's health care pitch to Democrats: Trust me
- Senate investigators' ties to Toyota
- Dem. Sen. Evan Bayh says he won't seek 3rd term
- Obama, Dodd, Gregg predict Bernanke wins 2nd term
- Voters flock to polls for Massachusetts election
- Health bill at stake, Obama to stump in Bay State
- Clinton foundation draws eclectic donor list
- Fox, Time Warner Cable announce broadcast deal
- Foreign govt's among Clinton donors
- Mediacom accepts extension in cable TV dispute